Wednesday, September 17, 2008

The Reviews Are In...

I think on the whole our reviews have been pretty positive. I promised myself that I wouldn't read them, but somehow curiosity got the better of me. I think I have Hair to thank for my new perspective and general mellowness when I read them. It became clear to me that reviews really are just that one person's opinion, and we are all entitled to have own, right? So why get upset about any part of it? The only truth that matters is our own anyway. I know in my heart that what the Tribe is doing is 100% real, honest and fun. We have each tried to embody the spirit of the work every time we have stepped onstage. That is all that there is, all that means something.

I am so pleased to be a part of this. I don't know how my other tribemates feel, but I have been looking forward to getting back to the show this week. I'm sure I'll be ready for a break on Saturday, but I still feel like this is such a gift to be involved with. Art should transform, both its audiences and its creators. I really feel the transformation is working on all of us involved with Hair -- cast, crew and audience. I am glad that we still have so many shows left to share with the world. If you haven't been, please come see the show, and if you have already seen it, come see it again! See you there!

No comments: